Sunday, August 11, 2013

Thanks to my "Mid-Wives to Hope"

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/74/33/da/7433daea0d9134532d075c4f61177f4c.jpg
Source: http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/74/33/da/7433daea0d9134532d075c4f61177f4c.jpg

I love this definition of patience! It was sent to me by a friend (another waiting adoptive mama) today. 

I was also blessed to hear from another dear friend/mentor on Thursday (all the way from M-iss-iss-ipp-i), who affirmed that the wait can sometimes seem as slow as "watching grass grow".

To all our friends and family who seek to encourage us, ask about, and partner with us along this journey - THANK YOU - we are enduring the wait well, because 1.) God is sustaining us and 2.) there are many of you who help spur us along!

And especially for the women in my life who are "bearing down" with me in this season of life - please go and read this blog post by a friend/bible study teacher who I had the privilege of learning from and being encouraged by when I lived out in Arkansas (and still am - learning and being encouraged by her - even 800 miles away).


Many thanks to my "Mid-Wives to Hope"! I am eternally grateful for your encouragement and love along this journey of adoption, but even more so, through the daily walk of life, while in pursuit of knowing our Hope, Jesus Christ, more each day.

1 comment:

  1. I have learned that lesson-- that waiting is active, not from Dieter but I love the quote above. Thanks for featuring my blog. As you began your journey to motherhood you know I was near the end of mine---although it never really ends, but changes. So thankful for the encouragers I had along the way and so thankful to pray for you and Jeremy today as you wait for the one waits for you. Different journeys, same God, incredible hope to sustain in the waiting. Adding you to my feed :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete