Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Still #94...and we STILL praise Him!

So, as of yesterday, we remain at #94 on the wait list for our little one! There was no movement this month. :( I was hoping we would get to celebrate some big movement with some of our dearest friends, Laura and Sean, who we just got to spend the past 6 days with!! (I just took them to the airport this morning - so totally wish we still lived only 5 minutes apart). But instead, I think the Lord had them here to help us celebrate and praise Him, despite no movement. 

This is the rainy season in Ethiopia and courts are closed until mid-October. Theoretically, if I understand correctly, court closure should not effect referrals, but realistically it is not abnormal that referrals slow down. 

Even though we definitely want movement, we ultimately TRUST God's timing. Seasons of waiting can be tough - but we are so thankful for the grace and patience that God continues to supply! In my own life, I know it's in the seasons of waiting that I draw closest to God and that He teaches me great truths and lessons. 

We are very thankful for the busy weekend with friends and family that consisted of the beach, mountains, food, and tons of fellowship that filled our souls during the waiting! 

Cloudland Trail, Roan Mountain State Park, Tennessee


Praying that God uses our life and story in ways that He receives the MOST glory!


I love this song - in this particular season - the chorus that my heart sings is:

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the"wait"*


*Changed original lyrics from "rain" to "wait"
Read more: Mercy Me - Bring The Rain Lyrics | MetroLyrics 


4 comments:

  1. So happy that Laura and Sean got out to vacation with you guys. That was a God thing. He knew you would need their encouragement to help you through the disappointment. I can't imagine how hard it is in the waiting. Right now I am praying for the little one that God has hand-picked for you and Jeremy. And I am thanking God for giving you the courage to trust him for his perfect timing. Love you chick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dea! We covet your prayers!!! Love you back!

      Delete
  2. We are waiting and praying with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) So thankful for a God who is in the details. Thankful that we have one another to encourage each other during the wait!

      Delete