Monday, October 22, 2012

Adoption Journey - Thoughtfulness of a Friend



Wednesday, October 10, 2010
 
Today I received this sweet necklace from my college roomie! What encouragement! And I absolutely love it! Again, it’s through the simple things in life that God reminds me of His involvement in this entire process.

 "born in my heart"

Lord, thank you so much for blessing me with the friends you have. In my short 26 years, you have blessed me with true genuine life friends, people who I consider “partners in the faith”.

Thank you for blessing me with Jess! She is actually the very first person I told about the journey we were called to. She was the first to know about our definitive infertility. I know that had to be part of your design too! Jess brought such encouragement and joy to my spirit as a shared everything with her over chips and salsa. She joined in celebrating the plans you have for our lives. Lord, thank you for the friendship you have grown in us since we first met!

Jess and I met during our high school years. We both went out to Harding together and were college roomies the entire time until she went back to SC to finish school. We were each other’s home away from home when we first traveled 800 miles away from our South Carolina raising and families! We’ve got lots of memories and stories…some including weave from the $5 dolla store, canton spirituals, and vegetable oil to name a few!  


Weave, Canton Spirituals, and REVIVAL



Jess, just in case you are reading this....1.) Please don't kill me for putting up this pic and 2.) I will be showing your kids this pic when they are old enough to appreciate it! Love you!



An absolutely precious friend!
I thank my God every time I remember you. Philippians 1:3

1 comment:

  1. I love the weave still! We need a revival?! EH?! Love you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete