Thursday, May 9, 2013

SUMMIT 9



Summit 9…where do I begin… except to say it was A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

Our trip to Nashville was such a treat. We stayed with family, which was such a blessing…and oh, how much we love them! Uncle Tracy, Aunt Jill, Sara, Hunter, and Clay (Mazie, Gage, & Olive, too!) – thank you SO much! We enjoyed the food, conversation, and simply being together!
I can't believe this is the only pic we got of the fam!


So. Summit. Incredible.

So what is Summit?
 
Source: http://www.summit9.org/
Summit is a conference put on by Christian Alliance for Orphans.



Who or what is Christian Alliance for Orphans some might ask? Well, in the words from their website (which is much more eloquent and direct than I would write):

The Christian Alliance for Orphans unites more than 100 respected Christian organizations and a national network of churches.  Working together, our joint initiatives inspire, equip and connect Christians to reflect God’s heart in caring for orphans in adoption, foster care and global orphan care initiatives.  Through the annual Summit, the Orphan Sunday campaign and an array of other initiatives, we seek to help grow communities in the local church known for “defending the cause of the fatherless” (Isaiah 1:17).
Source: http://www.christianalliancefororphans.org/


And, in my own words after my first experience of Summit, I would say 
Summit is an absolute powerhouse of education and encouragement when it comes to all things adoption, foster care, and global orphan care. It was so much fun to be amidst many authors of the books we have been reading recently, as well as, ordinary people who love Jesus and have a passion to serve and love the “least of these”.

Both days began and ended with general sessions that included speakers, testimonies, and worship. Let me just say, Jeremy and I are neither overly sensitive nor emotional…but both days had one of us with tears in our eyes during these sessions. You could definitely feel the spirit of the Lord amongst this time of worship and body of believers!

Every session, testimony, interview, and speaker whether it was inspiring or informative, ultimately pointed us back to Jesus and the gospel of His redemption of us! Jeremy and I both agree that during the past 8 months of our adoption journey we have come to understand the gospel in such a deeper and more meaningful way.

I told Jeremy the other day that as we have been learning how close adoption is to God’s heart through bible study, reading books, and as we have journeyed thus far through this tangible adoption of our first child here on earth, I have begun to I have a greater understanding of the love Paul talks about to the Ephesians.

“so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God” ~Ephesians 3:17-19



I have always known the Lord loved me immensely… but the idea of the actual breadth, length, height and depth of His love is becoming more to the forefront of my mind as I realize and accept that spiritually, I was an orphan whom God in His sovereignty orchestrated my adoption as HIS through the cross before my ever being. It leaves me speechless…

1 comment:

  1. Sara here! We had a blast with you guys too!(How did we not take pictures?) So glad you took so much great information and experience away from the conference. You will both be such fun parents and we can't wait to visit with you and your new addition!! in the future :)

    ReplyDelete