Saturday, May 4, 2013

Immigration, Immigration!



So, I have been slack on updating the blog...but I need document some milestones in the process.

3/11/13

Our I-600A form was in route to immigration! This form met up with our home study (which was sent to immigration from SC DSS)! This part of the process was important and had be completed before our dossier could be sent to Ethiopia. I-600 approval is essential – it’s Immigration giving us the okay to adopt a child from another country and bring them into the US.

3/18/13

The paper chase was official done! We had collected all the documents – whether they had to be government-issued or notarized…it was finally done! Getting a signed letter on letterhead from our bank practically took an act of congress! Our bank actually says they don’t keep their own letterhead in their bank branches…cah-razy!!! Nevertheless, it’s all done!

So, until of late, our dossier documents sat at the Lifeline office in Kentucky (that’s the office where the Ethiopia team is). Our case manager reviewed  everything for us while we waited on our approval from Immigration.

4/4/2013

We received the much awaited fingerprinting appointment.....

4/23/2013

Homeland Security now has our fingerprints...and so does the FBI! :) If it had not been for Jeremy prompting me to recheck the date, we would have missed our much awaited fingerprint appointments. I was confident the appointment was April 24th! I am so glad I listened and double checked!! 



4/29/2013

SIX short days later......we had our Immigration APPROVAL! I couldn't believe it came in less than a week. My expectations had been 2, if not 3 weeks. (Several people have told us six days is RECORD time - and really just four business days!)

It won't be long and our dossier will begin it's journey to Ethiopia!

No comments:

Post a Comment